Monday, December 7, 2009

Twenty-Three: So Blessed & Busy!

Because I've been so caught up in the birthday extravaganza, I haven't had much time to post about the past few days, especially for my December dailies. Good thing I've been keeping some detailed mental notes - it's so much easier to remember daily activities when you're enjoying! I'll try to do a little recap of each day for you guys and for the sake of my project which I will be catching up on tomorrow! I can't promise quick recaps, but here it goes:

DEC03: Because Mommy is home Thursday nights we decided to have dinner w/ her and the girls for my birthday. I decided on Prince Sushi because I haven't been there since they became all-you-can-eat. I'm never really satisfied with ayce Japanese restaurants but Prince has definitely kept the quality in making their food from when it was just a regular restaurant. Had a good time and of course we ate soo much. They all stayed up until midnight to greet me w/ some yummy chocolate cheesecake plus a 12-pack of those funky-cutting (that's the only way I can explain it right now, it's late) scissors and another scrapbook case. Just what I needed! :)

This past year, I have definitely been blessed with and welcomed into my new family and home. Sometimes it can be a challenge moving into a house of girls with my husband being the only male, but I know that the relationships Emma and I create with them now and in the future are bonds that we will cherish as a family. From the second I saw Emmanuel's relationship with his Mom and sisters, I always knew he would be an amazing husband and father... something I admire and respect about him and will always be truly thankful for.

DEC04: I was a little disappointed at first when Emmanuel told me that the kids had a PA Day on my birthday, which means a 10-hour work day for my husband and PLASP. A fun-filled day of Chuck-E-Cheese and a movie, bowling or something else that's fun. Anyway, I was okay with the idea since I had birthday breakfast planned with my cousin Jeffrey, his girlfriend Krisette and Emma. On our way to meeting them, I pulled over after realizing that the car was driving weird - flat tire. Whomp. They kindly picked us up all the way in Brampton (it's really not that far haha) and tweaked the plans a little but still had a wonderful breakfast with one of my favourite couples. After, Emma and I dropped by the thrift store - one of our favourite things to do together, I decided hehehe - then I had plans to watch a movie with my friend Steph from high school. Thanks to PLASP taking over the theatre we went to, the movie time for Precious was cancelled which was really disappointing but we still enjoyed the day bargain shopping and just catching up.

When Emmanuel was finished work, he got the car towed home, picked me up then we headed out for my 'surprise' birthday dinner downtown at O.Noir. I think I could write a whole post on this restaurant alone, but to sum it up, we ate dinner in a room that is pitch black with our server being visually impaired. It basically allows you to understand the way blind people live every day of their lives. Emmanuel and I both ordered the "Surprise" 3-course meal and overall, the food & service were good but it was the experience that was definitely like none other. I enjoyed the evening very much, just the two of us :) After dinner, we decided to head on home because we both missed Emma. Haha. I sure had one of the best birthday EVER! I also forgot to mention that in between coming home and leaving for dinner, I got my birthday present from my husband - a Tiffany's Somerset ring. Looove.

DEC05: Lunch at Red Lobster with everyone on my Mom's side - all 20 or so of us! Time's like this I really wish my Sister could enjoy with us. But overall, it was goodtimes as usual and I don't know why but I always order so much food when I eat there. So good, though ;)

Later on that evening I had a last minute dinner planned w/ some high school friends, family friends and Emmanuel's cousins. I really enjoy going out to a nice restaurant, dressing up and having a great time with some great people... and of course the best time to do that is on your own birthday. Before heading out for dinner, we got to check out Carlo's condo, which was way up on the 41st floor. A little scary up on the balcony :S Then we had reservations for a bistro lounge downtown called Brassaii. Dinner and company were great, plus a few of us decided to head down to This is London after which was also a lot of fun. A very enjoyable and memorable birthday celebration! Nothing like my 20th at C-Lounge. lol.

DEC06: After church, we had dim sum for lunch with my Mom and Norm, went to Leon's then back home to catch up on some sleep! Jeff and Krisette came over later on, we went to Jeff's after so the guys could have their usual Sunday squash session, then some late night bbl tea to end a great weekend! I can't wait for my Daddy to come home from Philippines/Korea this Thursday and my Sister BETTER be home on Friday. Yay!

Just looking back at this past weekend and even the past year has been a great reminder of how blessed I am to have such amazing friends and family in my life. I surprisingly haven't written much about Emma but everyone knows that she has been the best thing that has ever happened to me/us and one of the main reasons why I am so thankful for the year I just had. Watching her grow day-by-day has been a privilege and I can't wait for the many, many more years Emmanuel and I have to do that with her. I honestly couldn't ask for more than all these individuals in my life and I don't know where I would be without the continuous love & support that I receive from each and every one.

Here's to FRIENDS, FAMILY, and TWENTY-THREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment